Saturday, April 16, 2011

Welcome to the Bungalow!

As some of you may know, I have begun the process of relocating from Auburn, Alabama (War Eagle!) to the beautiful beaches of Gulf Shores/ Orange Beach. I am now the proud owner renter of an adorable condo in perfect proximity to my work and the beaches. I have thus dubbed this sprawling home cozy condo "The Barefoot Bungalow." No, it may not be an actual beach house, but I will obliviously call it a bungalow anyway. And those of you who know me know why it is the "Barefoot" bungalow. For those of you who don't know me (and let's be honest, is anyone reading this anyway?), I am famous-or infamous- for my lack of shoe wearing. I was once asked on a trip to Puerto Rico if people from Alabama actually owned shoes. Hmm....now that I think of it, maybe they were trying to tell me something! So the name "Barefoot Bungalow" was a natural and perfect fit!

In this lovely little blog I will show you around my new home, one step at a time. Ill give you step by step details of my decorating process, with little tips and tricks along the way. I will also take you (via internet) to some of my favorite places in the area!

So there you have it. The dreaded first post. About absolutely nothing. Check back tomorrow for a tour of my new digs!

Shoelessly Yours,
Courtney

2 comments:

  1. Courtney! I think it will be great! Can't wait to follow your adventures in decorating. As you know, I have about as much decorating ability as I have to maintain a size 4 body...but whatever. Maybe I'll learn something from you! Enjoy the beach experience, and don't be surprised when you have a whole lot of new best friends this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you starting a blog! Me gusta your witty writing style : ) I'm excited for your big move and new beachy life, congrats Court!

    ReplyDelete