Wednesday, April 20, 2011

So I'm a thief...

Or, I like to steal other people's creative ideas! But I'm getting ahead of myself. You don't get to see the finished product work-in-progress until tomorrow, but I want to give you all some insight into where I got the inspiration for my bathroom. I wanted to depart from the teeny bopper style I have had in the past and do something a little more grown up, with a little bit of a beachy feel.

I must admit, I steal a lot of my inspiration from other sources (but hey, they steal theirs from other places too so that must mean it's ok!). One of my favorite inspiration sources is Young House Love. They are a young couple who are obsessed with DIY, their daughter Clara, and their dog Burger. And I am obsessed -in a totally non creepy way- with them. Well, mostly just with what they do with their amazing house! Check them out here. You will be provided with countless/endless hours of fun, entertainment, laughter, and inspiration!

But I digress. My inspiration for the bathroom came from the Young House Love site. See their original post here. I love the clean, breezy, beachy, spa-like feel of this bathroom, and I knew it was perfect for the feel I was going for with my new condo. So I went on over to Home Depot for painter's tape, a brush, and some creamy white paint. And then I spent 3 weekends taping off and painting that bathroom...with the help of my super tall and hunky boyfriend (smiles!) of course. We all know this shorty can't do all the tall stuff by herself! I didn't really want to copy this bathroom exactly, but I loved it so much I did use most of the items in that bathroom (even the paint color...it was just so yummy I had to have it!). But seeing as it is impossible to change the tile/counter/sink, I had to work with what I had for the most part.

Come back tomorrow for an in-progress view of the bathroom, and make sure to come back Friday for a step-by-step and hints post about painting stripes!

The Girl with the Barefeet Covered in Paint,
Courtney

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures! Makes me want to embark on some home improvement projects...if I only had the time...

    ReplyDelete