Monday, June 13, 2011

A Long Over-Due Update

I have been meaning to post pictures of my super-awesome porch for a while, but this is the first time I have stopped to do it. And since I am in the updating mode, look out for updates of each room this week!

So the porch is the perfect spot-I'm on the top floor so I can see past the other buildings to the view. It really is the best place to watch the sunset or eat a yummy dinner!

In case you forgot, here is what the porch looked like when I moved in.
The view from the porch door.
Porch before.
Dark stormy porch. Unfortunately it looks like that a lot right now :(
Door to the front of the porch.

After a little bit of love, the porch is looking a lot better. The chairs were my boyfriend's grandfather's. The table was bought SUPER on-sale at Target to match the wrought iron of the chairs. The tray on the table was the first purchase and inspired the whole balcony. The tray, wine glasses, napkins, and napkin holders all came from  Pier One. The plates, bowls, and cups came from Target. The cushions were a bit of a splurge, but I bought them one at a time from World Market until I had all 4. At $20 a piece they were a little more than what I wanted to spend, but I saved for them until I had the money. They were one of the first things I put in my new apartment, and I'm so excited to finally share the new porch space with you!
Porch after.
The small table also came from my boyfriend. Here are the beautiful cushions from World Market!
The tray that inspired the whole patio space. I love the tray so much!!
A close up of the napkins and the napkin holders. 
I still want to add some sort of natural rug, possibly bamboo, to make the space look more polished (and to cover up the stained concrete floors!) and possibly add some sort of curtains to create more privacy, block out some of the sun in the morning, as well as make the space look more like an outdoor room than a patio on an apartment.

Up next will be an update of the bathroom. It's the most finished room in my apartment and I'm so excited to share it with you!

The shoeless front porch sitter,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment