Monday, April 25, 2011

Oy with the blogging already...

For anyone who doesn't know, Gilmore Girls is one of my favorite shows...EVER. I recently started rewatching the show again from start to finish, and one of my favorite lines to quote is "Oy with the poodles already!" Random, I know, but I felt the blog title deserved an explanation to those who didnt get it...

But anyways! I have been AWOL for entirely too long! Finals+moving+new job= not a lot of time for blogging! But here is the post I promised last week-an in progress look at the bathroom!

(Sorry for the grainy phone-pics. I left my camera back in Auburn-these will have to do for now! I will update them next week!)

Here is one of the main walls in-process of being taped.

Another wall.

 The shower area taped off.

Yet another taped off wall, this one partially painted!


An in-progress view of the counter decorations.

 My GORGEOUS extra-long shower curtain and new hooks that took me FOREVER to find!

New towels-I think they work perfectly!
  An in depth look of where I got everything, paint colors, and prices will come when the bathroom is completely finished! Some of the things are recent purchases, the others are things I have been collecting for a while now!

Things that I still want for the bathroom:
1. Another rug for in front of the sink, possibly in a natural fabric like jute or bamboo.
2. A picture for the picture frame.
3. A candle for the candle holder.
4. Possibly a vase with some sort of white flower for the counter.
5. A natural basket with pretty spa-like toiletries and hand towels for the top of the toilet.
6. A picture for the pretty white frame (for over the toilet) that I have yet to hang. And by that I mean I have yet to get my super-handy, hunky boyfriend to do it for me:)
7. Some sort of frame and art/picture for across from said picture.
8. Some sort of wall hanging/quote/picture/mirror/pretty-do-dad for the wall beside the mirror.

I think if I get ALL of those things I will be set. If not, well, I'm sure they will come soon.
My latest project is painting the bedroom. A post will come about choosing paint colors/themes for that room later, but in the meantime come back tomorrow for a step-by-step painting process of the bathroom along with things I learned (the hard way) along the way with pictures of my "whoops" moments!

The crazy hectic barefoot one,
Courtney




1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should have gone into interior decorating as a major? I have two new blogs for you to look at and will send them to you by email. The bathroom looks great. Your skill level is escalating! So when are you coming home to make creative suggestions for our house?

    ReplyDelete